Current Version: 18.104.22.168
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
Category: Travel & Local
Keeping up with friends & family is easier than ever before! Put an end to distracting texts and calls–“leaving now,” “Stuck in traffic,” Almost there!”–and let Waze do the work for you.
- Find friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send friend requests & manage your list
- New design for sending location
- Locations sent between friends are saved for future navigation
- Easily share drive from ETA screen
- See who’s viewing your shared drive
- Keep Waze on screen when answering calls
- Bug fixes
Just by driving with Waze open, you’re already contributing tons of real-time traffic info to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts on your route and find the lowest fuel prices around you with community-shared fuel prices. Plus, Waze makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police, road closures and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest petrol station on your route
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- Send automatic updates on your location & ETA
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points to climb the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven’t driven for a while.